Planning a Wedding on Waiheke Island?
Why choose Waiheke for your Wedding?.. Simply put, it’s the perfect destination.
- Only 35 minutes by ferry from downtown Auckland.
- A subtropical micro-climate that sees average temperatures 2 degrees warmer than Auckland.
- Well-established community of wedding professionals.
- Outstanding restaurants, award-winning vineyards, beautiful beaches, and stunning tracts of native New Zealand bush.
- Multiple activity options for wedding guests to enjoy in the run up and subsequent to the big day, including ziplining, boating and kayaking, diving and fishing, bush walking & beaching it.
- Relaxed, sun-drenched, distanced…yet close enough to a major international city, Auckland, affording easy access for overseas guests.
- Myriad ceremony and reception options, from beaches to bush settings, from world-renowned vineyards to cliff-top private villas, Waiheke can provide any number of backdrops for all palates and predilections.
- Award-winning food and wine offerings to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
- Over 1,000 couples sign their nuptials here every year – so the island knows what it’s doing, and it does it well. You’re in good hands.
If the task of organising an overseas Wedding seems hard, simply let a local Waiheke Wedding Planner do it all for you!
December through March is THE wedding and holiday season on Waiheke Island – you’ll need to book AT LEAST 12 months in advance. Long hot summer days means keeping guests well fed and watered…but a wet weather plan is also required.
Planning a beach wedding? You may struggle to find an easily accessible and deserted beach – contact us for recommendations on location and timing – remember that tides also need to be considered!
April and May often sees more settled weather and a slowdown in visitor numbers. Autumn colours amongst the vines make for lovely photo shoot backdrops.
Winter weddings are becoming more popular as venue and accommodation availability is often easier to lock in, especially if you’re planning’s running late! Think log fires, candles, and wine cellar ceremonies…
September through November sees shoulder season rates apply so budgets may be less strained - temperatures may also be more comfortable for you and your guests!
Waiheke Island - Article Links
How to Plan a Waiheke Wedding: The Complete Guide - by Auckland Weddings